Ways You Can Help
Give the Gift of Home
Camp Unity relies on donations from our friends and supporters. These donations come in many forms: time, love, attention, supplies, and money to name a few. We regularly update this page with urgent or timely donation suggestions. At all times, though, the following types of donations are helpful and greatly appreciated:
- Spread the word about Camp Unity Eastside: Alerting others to the existence of Camp Unity is one of the most important things our supporters can do. The more folks who know about us, the more support we receive. Please share Camp Unity Eastside website link via your Facebook page and other networks and encourage those you know to consider making a donation.
- Drop off an item or two from the “Essential Needs” List below: There are some consumables that get used up on a regular basis. Rather than posting the current inventory of these items on the site, we ask that friends bring what they can by the camp when they are able. If anything gets severly low, we’ll make a special post about it. You can find the current camp address on the Contact Us page.
- Make a monetary contribution: Funds are needed for expenses associated with moving the camp to the next host location and for ongoing expenses such as for utilities, waste management, and vehicle operations and maintenance. Please mail your tax deductible donation to: Camp Unity Eastside, PO Box 342, Redmond, WA 98073
Camp Unity Eastside is a charity recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3); Tax ID# 46-1423855. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. No goods or services are provided in consideration of a gift.
As of this week, the camp is in particular need of the following.
- HP 63 Ink
- Bottled Water
- Toilet Paper
- Paper towels
- Cups for coffee
- Batteries: AA, AAA, C & D
If you are able to bring any of these items by the camp, your donation will be greatly appreciated. The current address is Saint Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Church at 17856 NE Woodinville Duvall Rd, Woodinville, WA 98077
As the weather is getting colder, the camp is seeking assistance with needs for the winter including:
- Hand and feet warmers
- Thermal underwear
- Sleeping bags
- Cough drops
There are currently 22 residents at the camp. You do not need to bring gear for all 22, though. Anything you are able to donate is appreciated and will be distributed by the residents among themselves. If you can provide any of these, please bring them to the camp at Bear Creek United Methodist Church, 16530 Avondale Rd NE, Woodinville.
The camp is running low on some necessary supplies. Special camp needs for the next few weeks include:
- Clorox wipes (5 containers)
- Gallon bleach jugs (2)
- High efficiency laundry detergent
- Zip ties
- Plates & bowls (300)
- Plastic cups (200)
- Paper towels (10 to 12 rolls)
- Hand sanitizer (4 jugs)
- Ground coffee (8 containers)
- Splenda (1 box)
- Sugar (1 package)
- Creamer (3 jars)
- Reusable Keurig cups
- 38-gallon trash bags (1 box)
- Full or empty propane tanks (4)
And as always, lots of love and laughter. If you can provide any of these and stop by to visit with the residents for a few minutes, please bring them to the camp at Bear Creek United Methodist Church, 16530 Avondale Rd NE, Woodinville.
Household expenses for most of us include monthly or every other month costs for waste, utilities and insurance. Similarly for Camp Unity, regular expenses include those for porta-potties, waste management, and insurance. The camp has a significant need for donations to help pay for these ongoing expenses. If you can help in any amount, please mail your donation to Camp Unity Eastside, PO Box 342, Redmond, WA 98073.
Save the date: The Kirkland Interfaith Network Annual Alternative Gift Fair is November 4 (9 am to 4 pm) and November 5 (12 to 2 pm) at Holy Family Catholic Church, 7045 120th Ave NE, Kirkland.
At the fair, you can purchase “alternative” gifts for everyone on your shopping list through donations that provide gifts, such as a month at Camp Unity for people experiencing homelessness. It’s the gift that blesses twice! Camp Unity will be one of many organizations that will have a table to sell “alternative” gifts at the fair. Hope to see you there!
Also, if you enjoy applying your creative talents, we would love your help with crafting Camp Unity’s table at the fair. Contact Lori Peckol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Essential Needs
Independent of the current camp needs listed above, there are a set of things that regularly get consumed at the camp and are always appreciated. Even if we aren’t short right now, we will need more of these in the future. If you would like to bring a donation to the camp, the following items are welcome and appreciated any time:
- HP 63 Ink
- Bug Spray – Johnsons Off! preferred
- Trash bags
- Lipton tea
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Soap – Woolight fabric softener and Tide Free and Clear preferred
- Dryer sheets
- Dish Soap
- Deep Fryer
- Electric Griddle
- Zip lock bags – All sized, particular need for 1 gallon bags
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic forks and spoons
- Any denomination Gas cards
- Solar lights for walkway
You can find the camp address on the Contact Us page. Bringing the donations to the camp gives the residents the chance to meet you and thank you in person which they value. Thank you!