Camp Unity Eastside is moving August 25th & August 26th
- Spread the Word: Please share to help us secure volunteers for another CUE move.
- Current Camp Location: Northshore United Church of Christ (NUCC), 18900 168th Avenue NE, Woodinville
- New Camp Location: Bear Creek United Methodist Church (BCUMC), 16530 Avondale Rd, NE, Woodinville
Living in a tent encampment is no picnic in the best of times. And once every 3 to 4 months, it gets especially hard – when it’s time to move the camp. Think of packing, moving, and setting up all of the personal tents, community tents, the shower, the washer and dryer, and all the other equipment and supplies in two days. As if that weren’t enough, think of doing it when you’re not feeling even close to 100% due to illness, lack of sleep and other stresses. Camp Unity depends on help from volunteers to make a move. Won’t you pitch in?
If you are able to help for any amount of time, please contact:
Thank you for helping the men and women of Camp Unity Eastside in this tremendous way!
What to bring:
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, sturdy shoes, gloves and rain gear if needed
- Tools: We need several cordless drills with Phillips head bits and hammers
- Bring personal water and snacks. Lunch will most likely be provided.
- Trucks and trailers are greatly appreciated
- Kids are welcome
|Thursday, August 24||NUCC: 12 pm: Help with packing and also breaking down community tents and platforms
|Friday, August 25||NUCC: 9 am start: focus will be on moving and setting up community tents
|Saturday, August 26
|NUCC: 8 am start: focus will be on moving and setting up rest of camp
BCUMC: 9 am start
Ways You Can Help
Give the Gift of Home
- Spread the word about Camp Unity Eastside: Please share Camp Unity Eastside website link via your Facebook page or other networks, and encourage those you know to consider making a donation.
- Check out our “Essential Needs” List: Donations can be dropped off
Thank you for donating to Camp Unity Eastside through GiveBIG 2017. Your investments help us to continue to provide a safe and stable environment for men and women experiencing homelessness. We deeply appreciate your support!
If you missed the GiveBIG deadline, there are still needs and opportunities to donate in support of Camp Unity. Funds are needed for expenses associated with moving the camp to the next host location and for ongoing expenses such as for utilities, waste management, and vehicle operations and maintenance.
Please mail your tax deductible donation to: Camp Unity Eastside, PO Box 342, Redmond, WA 98073
Current Camp Essential Needs
If you can bring a donation to camp, our current needs include: HP 63 Ink, Water, Coffee, Creamer, Bug Spray Johnsons Off!,Trash bags, Lipton tea, Paper Towels, Bleach, Laundry Soap Woolight, Tide Free and Clear, Dryer sheets, Dish Soap, Deep Fryer, Electric Griddle, Zip lock bags (1 gallon), Aluminum foil, Plastic forks and spoons, any denomination Gas cards, Solar lights for walkway 10+
Camp Unity Eastside is a charity recognized as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3); Tax ID# 46-1423855. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. No goods or services are provided in consideration of a gift.